Jessica Fearnley is a Business Coach who specialises in promoting work/life balance alongside business growth. She helps female entrepreneurs to win back more of their time, effortlessly make more money, and work with better clients – all while reducing their stress levels and increasing their quality of life. Today I chatted with Jessica about how to put together a plan so you don’t burn out and how to make sure you are doing what you love.
Watch the interview here and read below for a quick summary of the amazing advice from Jessica!
Here are Jessica’s top tips on what to do when you are not enjoying your business:
- Tap into your reasons why. Why do you do what you do in your business, what is the purpose for it all?
- Evaluate what you are doing. What are you doing each day and how productive are you?
- Ask yourself, How can you make it better? How can you make what you are already doing more profitable?
We also talked through what advice Jessica would give if you were working with nightmare clients and wanted to only do work you thoroughly enjoy. Jessica says that niche is key. Looking at your business and asking yourself who are the people you have previously worked with that you have thoroughly enjoyed and has felt right. You need to get specific with yourself about who you love to work with and then engineer your marketing to attract and speak to only the people you want to work with.
Jessica also gave us some amazing advice for if you ever feel burnt out! Here are the top 3 tips:
- Know that you are not alone. It is very easy to get caught up in feeling as though you are in this alone, but just know that you are not and you can turn to others for support when you need to.
- It’s ok to feel as though you need a break. Jessica tells us that it’s so easy to make bad choices and talks us through some of her own, but she says that you can avoid this and when you feel as though you need to take a break then just take one!
- It’s important to be the best version of yourself. It is important to tap into the best version of yourself and so by taking the steps above you can avoid burn out and be the most productive, best possible you!
Jessica says that what we tend to do when things aren’t working is go into panic mode and make our businesses even more confusing. What we really should be doing is simplifying and tweaking as and when we need to. Put your work out into the world the way that feels best to you and then change and tweak as you go to make improvements.
Jessica was amazing today and gave so many valuable tips, I am sure you will agree!
Download your free PDF Guide ‘How To Babyproof Your Business’ by clicking here